v8 swap - 92 318 into 98 with 3.9

From: Hoostine x (Hoostine@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 23:18:27 EST

ok, so i'm thinking if i get a nv3500 tranny, new gauges, and a new
driveshaft, this'll be not a problem right? i'll just lose some of the
computerized stuff. the 318 only has ~30000 miles on it. my v6 has 42k.
the guy rolled it 12 times a few years after he got it and then my friend
got the whole truck for $500. he's gonna sell me the engine for $250.
wH00!

and then i can build a car around the 3.9 and ax15 :)

hmmm...200hp, 1400lbs with driver...wow, that'd be fast!

he also has a 2500 ram rear end he said i could use. it says dana on
it...i'm assuming it's a dana 44. it came off of the cummins turbo diesel.

i put the throttle body from the 318 onto my v6 today. it fit right on.
switched all the sensors and it fit nicely. the bores are larger than the
openings in the intake! it feels a bit faster now :) can't wait to get the
whole engine in there!

--Hoostine