Re: v8 swap - 92 318 into 98 with 3.9

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 23:39:11 EST

If you live in an emissions area, check you emissions laws. While swapping a newer engine into an older vehicle you typically have
to meet the newer engines emissions requirements. Not a big deal. But swapping an older engine into a newer vehicle and you
typically have to meet the vehicles emissions requirements!

Personally, I can't see doing a swap like this. Just trade your truck in on the one you want.

The only engine swaps I'm considering are putting a 'pinto beans' engine into my baja and putting 350 small block into my '72 Datsun
240Z. Now those are things you can't trade for easily.

Actually, I'd like to try getting a 4.7L in the Z instead of the chev. Any donors? (I ain't touchin' *my* truck) ;-)

Rgds,
Marty

2000 4.7L CC