Re: Re: OVERHEATING!!!!!!!

From: Steve Jenkins (slick@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 08:40:21 EST

OK!!! So me no spel gud/uze rite words when I stay up l8 ,drink ber and
work on truk. ;-)

However, I had my Jet chip off for about a week when I took it to the shop.
I took it to the shop because when I slowed down, the oil pressure dropped
to Zero and the temp then went dead hot. I checked the oil, and it was 2
quarts low. I never had any oil puddles under my truck. However, the
antifreeze was coffee colored. They said this was caused by a bad sensor
plug on the intake manifold gastet, and replaced it, as well as installed
some clip. They did't/wouldn't say what the clip did.

So, my next question is, would a bad water pump be something they would have
found during this? Or is the water pump something you have to really check
out?

I hope there is nothing wrong with my chip. My truck is slow, and it helps
a little. And every little bit counts.

If a ground under the dash is the problem, where is it located?

Steve Jenkins
'99 V6 4X4