Re: Rear leaf spring info?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 13:42:09 EST

Hi Rodney, the Gen-I/Gen-II(87-96) leafs are the same dimensions, but the
Gen-III(97-01)'s are different.I'm not quite sure what the difference
is.There are also other differences, such as payload packages resulting in
varying spring rates,reg/club/quad cab I would think could be different,and
the 4x2's are spring under,4x4's are spring over.All Durangos are spring
under,and I'd bet that they might have different spring rates.Not for sure
on the varying spring rates,There may only be 4 sprngs that they use-light
payload 2wd,heavy payload 2wd,light payload 4wd, heavy payload 4wd???? I no
longer have a gen-II close to measure and tinker with.I do have my truck
lowered with Hotchkis suspension, which includes new leaves. So I have my
stock 2000 leafs in the shop outside-I could easily measure anything you
want off of them. Just let me know the specific measurements you need and
I'll be more thatn happy to do it! Hope this helps. If you have anymore
questions,please feel free to ask-

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html