RE: Rear leaf spring info?

From: Rodney Lewis (rlewis@nicorenergy.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 14:36:54 EST

Good info, Will, thanks a bunch!! I'll probably only be using the main leaf
out of each pack...I have Cherokee based spring packs on it right now (first
3 leaves from Cherokee, last 2 from a Wrangler) but unfortunately had my
spring hangers welded on before I got my hands on the springs and ended up
being about 1/2" off on my measurements and forgot to factor in another 1/2"
for some conversion shackle hangers I used, so my geometry is a bit out of
whack...hence the search for slightly longer main leaves. So, the payload
likely won't factor into the mix. I'll be running them spring over. What I
need measurement-wise is as follows:
Length of main leaf from center of eye to center of eye measured through the
arch, same endpoints again but this time straight across the mouth of the
arch, inner diameters of the eyes, verification that the spring width is in
the 2.5" neighborhood, and finally a measurement from the
ground/table/whatever up to the main leaf at it's highest point with the
spring pack flipped upside down (basically a measurement of the amount of
arch). Thanks a ton!!

-Rodney