Re: Dakotas towing-pics??

From: xjruss@iwon.com
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 19:01:03 EST

Will,

     In my opinion, the headers helped throughout the powerband, the reason
I mentioned the 4000rpm is because the most noticeable difference about
the headers is how they smoothed out the top end. You don't get that nasty
engine noise that you do with the stock manifolds at high rpm. I believe
the tranny cooler is included with the towing package, or maybe the Heavy
duty service group, I'm not quite sure. But I do have one. Also, I am
not in the habit of running my truck at 4000rpm's for extended periods of
time, but occasionly you need to pass someone while pulling a steep grade
and second gear works pretty good in that situation.

-Russ

>> Wow, sounds like a pretty good load on the truck.Did the >>headers
help any on the low end, or just the higher rpm's?? Do >>you have a tranny
cooler on? It seems like that 2nd gear@4000 would be a good way to heat
unp the tranny fluid real quick.Glad to hear it does well for you, though.Thanks
for the info. TTYL,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

--
iWon <http://www.iwon.com/> - Voted the #1 portal on the Web!