RE: RE: Hughes Engines 4.7L 68mm flow data is in......

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 03:16:05 EST

> > Also go to synthetic oil at your first
> > oil change.(3500-4000 miles) that'll save 6 Qts. of the
> environment right
> > there. I run Mobil1 but what you run is your choice. Bill
>
> Definitely! Still trying to figure out whether to do Mobile 1 or
> Amsoil. I
> feel like I want to reward Amsoil with my business, but Mobile 1 seems
> easier to find and a little cheaper. Decisions decisions.

3500 miles for the 1st oil change?! I think not! :-) I only made it 500
miles. I don't want all those freshly machined metal particles in there any
longer than need be. I also waited until 16k miles to switch to synthetic,
should be plenty of time to get everything seated nicely (Oh, and I finally
ran out of the cases of valvoline sittin in my garage ;-).

Amsoil is simple to find, order on the website, it arrives at your door.
How could it be simpler? Heheh. It is pricey no doubt about that though.
HOwever, when I just recently switched to the amsoil, whoa, what a
difference! I wasn't really expecting any difference at all, but the engine
just PURRS, idles much smoother, starts more easily after several days in
the cold. Big difference.

/Curt
Chelsea, MI