Re: RE: Hughes Engines 4.7L 68mm flow data is in......

From: Tod Oace (tod@quay.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 02:15:36 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <SEMIHEMI01@aol.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 3:45 AM
Subject: Re: DML: RE: Hughes Engines 4.7L 68mm flow data is in......

> Tod,
> The 180 thermostat will not change emissions enough that they can
measure
> at inspection. Only thing is it takes a little longer to warm up to
running
> temp. 2-3 extra minutes due to bypass.

Cool...thanks for the info.!

> Also go to synthetic oil at your first
> oil change.(3500-4000 miles) that'll save 6 Qts. of the environment right
> there. I run Mobil1 but what you run is your choice. Bill

Definitely! Still trying to figure out whether to do Mobile 1 or Amsoil. I
feel like I want to reward Amsoil with my business, but Mobile 1 seems
easier to find and a little cheaper. Decisions decisions.

I did buy a couple of Fumoto oil drain valves for the Dakota and our Maxima.
They're sitting right here next to my keyboard and are fun to play with. :)
I got the valves with the nipples (I can hear the snickering already). I'm
not sure if the valve for the Maxima is going to stick out too far. It
looked like the nipple was screwed on, so wondering if that was something I
could remove and replace as needed, I removed it. Well...of course it
doesn't work that way. The nipple part also holds in the little valve ball
thing.

Anyway, when I removed it (the NIPPLE) I found a little bit of crunchy stuff
on the threads, which I'm assuming is thread lock. Does anyone know if
medium blue 242 would be the right thing to use putting that back together?

--
Tod Oace, tod@quay.com