Easy money, day 1, a little long.

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 08:11:21 EST

Went to this consumer study thing on pick-ups. I spent two hours there. It

was held on some ranch about 30 miles south of Fort Worth TX. This was one

nice set up. With more workers helping and interviewing then I could count.

15+ full size Pick-up trucks (half were Ford and Chevy and at least one of

the large Toyota). All the name plates were covered over so we wouldn't know

how made them (yea right LOL). there was a lot of questions and stuff asked

but I'll try to list them off. Pulling up to the parking lot it was full of

mostly full size pick-ups. I did notice there were more ford then anything.

There was 5 Dakotas there also. (Yes I put flyers on all of them)

# Body styling likes and dislikes

# Roominess, comfort and visibility of the RC, EC and crew cabs front and

rear seats.

# How easy it is to get in and out of 3 different height trucks.

# Likes and dislike of bed lengths.

# Bed covering, Soft, hard, removable, roll and powered covers

# 2 different types of bed extenders, Flip over type with the 3 tubes and

this piss poor type that mounts on the tailgate that would unfold using

pins and cotters to hold in place. It made the gate feel like a ton when

lowing and lifting is.

# Tail gate options, one would open up like the back door on a van, 2nd

would open like a the back door on a van OR drop down like the tail gates do

now. 3rd had a little door in the gate so wood or pipes could hang out.

# One neat thing they had was a side gate on the bed between the rear wheel

and front of bed, it was a small gate for easy in & out of the bed. It opens

by R/C.

# Also showed video of the storage bins in the side of the bed with doors

that opened up (like a back on a mini van) or opened down. That's was cool

but like a grand per side.

# Asked about other kids of options to add to the truck, like tire PSI

sensors, sport packages.

# Spare tire options, Full size or duffsnut, Run flat tiers.

This was a brief over view of it. There was nothing about bed lining or

caps. When I was done I got my check for a hundred bucks :) I go back today

for the test drive or 3 I hope for 2 to 3 hours and another hundred dollars.

I like this stuff!!!!

Till later.......

Don Mallett

Geocities.com/maldbnsf