Re: Re: Dakotas towing-pics??

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 08:27:26 EST

    I pull a 1995 Pontiac sunfire (with out the motor, tranny and wheels) on

a flat bed trailer. My QC 4.7L, Auto, 3.55 pulls it fine with power to

spare. I do have the heavy duty cooling, 180 t-stat, added a oil cooler,

Mobil one in the rear end and in the motor. I get about 12+ mpg on the

hi-way and about 10/11 about town pulling the car. The temp gets up to about

200 when pulling in hot weather in traffic but drops quick once I start

moving again.

    One concern I have is the braking power. I wish the Dak had some more

stopping power. We all talk about get up and goooo but very little on

stopping the bloody thing. I wish I had the money to bid on the power slots

discs (or whatever they're called) on e-bay. I have about 14K with no

troubles with the power train at all. The 4.7L Idles a little rough. Hey did

I say I loved my Dak. Photos and full story behind the sunfire on site

listed below. On a Tuesday afternoon I pulled in to the dealer that I got my

QC from with the Sunfire in tow, and ask if they could have it running by

Friday. The body shop guy said he'll try ;) Anybody do body work here?

hehe.....

Don Mallett

geocites.com/maldbnsf