Re: Bad milage

From: Steve Owens (sowens01@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 10:25:06 EST

I've got the same setup in my truck with about 1600 miles on it. It gets
between 13.5 and 14.0 MPG. Since the engine isn't broken in yet, I'm
assuming it'll get better somewhere between 5000 and 10000 miles, and
I'm only expecting 10% more or so, based on past experience.

You might want to do some research on the synthetics. While I have
nothing against Amsoil (I sold it for a while, and liked the
product), Mobil 1 is just as good according to the studies I found,
and it's cheaper (well, at least around here it is). With synthetics
in my last vehicle, I noticed about a 10% increase in mileage (not
the 20% or more the manufacturer's claim).