Re: stereo help

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 13:20:42 EST

In a message dated 3/11/01 2:30:44 AM Central Standard Time,
william@hiatt.net writes:

<< It happens reagardless if the RCA is plugged or unplugged

 william >>

William,
    I had this happen one day at a competition in the staging lanes. I
finally got my amp off my amp rack and flipped it over to look inside, (it
was a US Amps 200 with plexi-glass bottom) and there was a capacitor on the
power input side that had crapped out on me. I competed that day, just
without all of my subs being hooked up. Still got 2nd, but anyway. I had
the capacitor replaced and it is working fine still, 2 years later. Also, is
you amp mounted on the sheet metal of the truck? Or is it mounted on a piece
of board? If it is on the sheet metal, you probably have a ground loop
problem. To solve that, get a peice of wood ~1/2" and cut it to the shape
you want (preferably larger than the amp) and carpet the piece to match your
truck. Mount the board to the truck and then the amp to the board. This
will stop the gound loop problem. HTH

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"