A-Pillar Gauge Mounting Pics

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 21:18:40 EST

I don't remember who, but someone on the list wanted pics of my
A-pillar mounted tach. Sorry it took so long, but I finally got
them taken and put up.

http://members.sigecom.net/alek/dakota

They're 640x480 JPEGs. Sorry about the size but I didn't want to
lose much clarity.

To mount the tach, we took an appropriate sized cheap drill bit
and heated the end with a torch. Then we burned through the
plastic cover and used a bolt to hold the bracket on. The bracket
was shaped to go on a circular steering column, we had to bend it
a bit to fit the contour of the plastic cover.

Overall it looks pretty decent. It wouldn't win any shows or
anything but my truck is a truck, it ain't s'posed to be purty. ;)

Hopefully these pics help someone out. Again, sorry it took so
long to get them taken.

--
Alek Benedict with a techno beat.
alek@earthling.net