Third brakelight - bad news

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 21:21:25 EST

I was hoping to get good news on this but after a week of not hearing
from the guy making them at all, I'm assuming the worst. Unfortunately,
there were some bad assumptions made about the design of our center
brakelights and whether the steel plate could be made in such a way to
play nice with them. The last thing that I heard was that it didn't
look like it could be done.

On Durangos, the plate fits in between the lamp and the rear window.
Obviously, we have no rear window. And the thing is one big assembly.
I thought the outside lens was a separate piece, but it's all one molded
piece and there's no way we can slide something inside. Slapping it on
the outside wouldn't look very good.

So, unfortunately it won't happen. I know a lot of you were really
interested in it, and I apologize for getting everyone's hopes up. We
made some bad assumptions on all our parts (me, the guy making them, and
my middleman). Our maker had never seen a Dak's light up close, and
assumed it was the same as a Durango. I assumed he had seen one and had
the measurements and a plan.

-andy