89 Shelby Dakota - Need advice on performance problem

From: Jackie Fisher (jackiefisher@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 22:13:21 EST

I own an 89 Shelby Dakota. I have been to 3 mechanics who cannot find
the problem. The truck stalls out, tach spikes from 0 to 1000 rpm,
voltage regulator drops, lights dim, check engine light comes on.
I have changed the complete exhaust system, O2 sensor, MAP sensor,
plugs, wires, complete new distributor, new battery. I had injection
service done. I took out the computer and sent it to Micro-tech
Industries in Tennessee. Computer was returned and installed, no
change.
Now when I start truck, a lot of pressure builds up in the exhaust,
which blew out the new muffler, spews raw gas out the tail pipe.

This problem started months ago, as minor, and progressed to this. I
cant keep it running at all now, start it - it stalls.

Looking for any advice!
Lee Fisher