Re: 89 Shelby Dakota - Need advice on performance problem

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 23:06:11 EST

I don't know if this is any help but on the one I used to have there was a
ground problem near the battery I think. A small wire 10 ga I guess
grounded to the sheet metal near the radiator that was corroded and caused
dim lights and abnormal gauge readings at times. I added another ground
wire from the negative battery terminal to a bolt in the body near the
battery and the problem went away. Of course this may not be your problem
at all but is sounds like electrical and a faulty ground somewhere may be
the problem.