Re: Hurst shifter - Chuck Robbins

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 22:50:20 EST

Hi Doug,

    The Hurst shifter is working well. It's certainly not the cure-all for
the notchiness of the AX-15 transmission, but the shifts do seem a little
smoother. I have gotten used to speed shifting with it and the shorter throw
really does make a difference. I also added a Hurst T handle and that made a
big difference as well. I have talked to another Hurst owner and he never
had the problems I had with the shifter arm connection loosening up. I don't
know why mine kept loosening, but ever since I added the extra nuts and
accessories (as described on my pages) there hasn't been any problems.
    Coincidently I recently switched over the Redline MTL and the shifting
has smoothed out considerably.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport