Update on DACUDA

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 23:07:26 EST

Just a little update for everyone. The computer was the fried component
in the DACUDA after the Holley Performance trials. We are operational
again.

While it was down, the interior was removed and the seats will be redone
a little more jazzy with only red and black with some charcoal trim.
Will come out very sweet. Next was to install all the new gauges with
the black trim rings - fuel pressure, air/fuel ratio, boost, temp. Two
pods were used, the pillar pod and a mustang dash pod mounted just under
the cig lighter. Came out very nice. The fuel pressure was a new
version. Has a splitter box with 4 leads coming in, plus power and
ground and three to the gauge. Small box that taped under the dash.
Real different. Otherwise it is done. Just some small details on the
inside (like getting the seats and rear bench finished and installed) to
deal with. Picts later.

What iscoming up?? M1 intake, bigger ported TB, have the new Akimoto
intake, beefier cam and supercharger. also putting in the MSD BTM for
the SC. We are trying to fit the new Holley fuel rails on the truck.
Holley did it again. They didn't try it on a vehicle, only an intake
manifold. Bonehead play! We will sort it out. They sure do look nice
though. Just cleared billet. The problem is the fuel inlet. Ours uses
a captured nipple (5/16" OD). this is in the middle of the rails.
Holleys is at the front end. no way to do this and keep the stock
connection. Either redo it completely or we will figure something else out.

For those needing a beefier trans, I am working with a company now to
develop a replacement for the A518 trans that will handle the hp and
torque, more than we could ever put out. That is a few months away
though. Will keep you updated.
C-YA

DACUDA