Re: questions

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 23:52:37 EST

In a message dated 3/12/01 10:40:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Hoostine@hotmail.com writes:

> where can i find out just about anything i need to know about my dakota?
> would the fsm tell me EVERYTHING about it? i'm planning a v8 swap and i
> have all kinds of wild ideas about how to make it work right. i need to
> know things like how the guages work, where the sending units are, what
> electronics are what, etc. mostly electronic stuff, but some mechanical
> stuff, transmissions, driveshafts, shifters, etc. i keep having ideas at
> work and i can't figure out where to find the answers. i hate that! :)
>
> what's the difference between a 92 magnum engine and a 98 magnum engine of
> the same size? can one be converted to the other fairly cheaply? what
> about the guage cluster. i'm assuming that those are the only things i'll
> have to switch out. or can i just rewire them up to the 92 computer?
>
> and where can i get a fsm?
>
> --Hoostine

The FSM is a must to own, I couldn't have done my swap without it. My swap
was alot harder than a V8 to V8 conversion, but the FSM was invaluable. I got
mine on ebay. 92 to a 98 are the same engine. You may need a different intake
manifold as I believe after 96 the EGR went internal. Other than that I think
they're identical. And as far as sensors I know they are. Make sure you get
the 98 computer to go with the 98 block as it will be required to pass
emissions.
    Other than that I think you got what you need.

-Austin
Vipertruck