Re: battery terminals

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 01:16:39 EST

The wire size for the main ground (engine block) and power (starter) is a
4GA wire. There is also an aux (body ground) that is a 12GA and another 8GA
going to the engine fuse/relay box. I used Stinger for all my wires when I
did my system. For the terminals I used Stinger Custom Pro Series gold
terminals which accept 2 8GA connections and then the ring terminals that
screw into the top accepts a 4GA. You may want to step up your amp wire to
4GA if you are going to be running anywhere near 500 watts.(or if you plan
to add more audio gear) As far as running your amp porer from the fuse
block......idunno, that is just like hooking it straight to the back of the
alternator. I purchased the Stinger stuff from www.SoundDomain.com , they
had by far the best prices I have seen on the Stinger stuff. I have a pic
of the terminals installed if you would like I can e-mail it to you off the
list.