Re: New Spark Plugs

From: Leonard Price (lprice@consultronics.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 08:40:45 EST

Hi there Bob, I had a look under the hood of my truck and the listing for
the spark plugs was
                       "RC12LC4" 1.02mm

was wondering what was the thought on Bosch platinum as a substitute, for
the hard to find Autolights. Also enlighten me a little is 1.02mm the
same as .40"
At 03:18 PM 3/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>At 11:19 AM 3/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>Hi there people, I wanted to replace the spark plugs in my 1998
>>Dak 5.2L(318) 4x2 SLT. and wanted to have some ideas on what
>>I can replace them with and if possible what is the Gap. required
>>for them. <snip> Leonard A. Price
>
>Me again, Lenard. You can get the Autolites at Acme Auto Parts.
>Their invoice doesn't list a store in Toronto. Nearest would be
>345 Wyecroft Road in Oakville (905-845-4233). If you know of an
>Auto. Parts supplier in Toronto who deals carries a lot of Ford parts,
>give them a call.
>
>I gap mine at .035" with stock ignition because, with my engine,
>I found that I tended to get a misfire once in the blue moon when
>running at the track (near 5000 rpm).
>
>Bob

Leonard A. Price
lprice@consultronics.com