RE: Re: A burning philosophical question finally answered

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 08:56:34 EST

a fumoto valve replaces your oil pan drain plug....it is a little valve that
you can open and close...it makes changing your oil easier, and cleaner in
most respects... it also allows you to drain the oil while it is hot and
not burn the shit out of your hand....plus, you never have to dig into the
drain pan to find your plug after it falls out of your hand...

I've got a 96 5.2L and I opted for the version with the nipple....it fit
perfectly, and the nipple isn't in danger of getting hit... the nipple
allows you to hook up a hose (I have one with clamp on it) and put the old
oil back into some of your old oil bottles....meaning less mess, not having
to use a drain pan and easier disposal...

Later,
Tom "Slick"