Re: Truck Stalling Update

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 12:28:39 EST

In a message dated 3/14/01 8:23:52 AM Central Standard Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< Ok, well #1 where in ther heck in the inspection plate? #2 what is the
 flexplate? Where is it at and what does it do? I assume something with the
 CPS which has the magnet on it? >>

Kyle,
    Bare with me while the morning coffee kicks in. ;o) The inspection
plate it the half moon metal plate that is on the front of the trans. I
think there are four bolts holding it on. It is on the bottom part of the
trans right behind the oil pan. The flexplate bolts directly to the crank.
The torque convter then bolts to it. The flexplate has notches on it that
signal the crankshaft sensor when a fuel/ignition event is supposed to occur.
 If the plate is loose, then it could vibrate in and out of the position
nessecary for the cps to read it properly. Take the inspection plate off and
see if you can wiggle the flexplate. I don't mean just like one finger
wiggle, I mean like shake the truck while trying to wiggle it. Also, use a
large prybar or screwdriver to turn the engine over and check all possible
areas of the flexplate. If it were loose, it could cause the noise that you
are hearing also. HTH

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"