Re: What Car Stereo fits a 93 Dak?

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 15:10:18 EST

In most Dodges I have seen there is a DIN and a half size opening. This is
very common in GM and Chrysler vehicles. There are a few manufactures out
there that make this size head unit. Pioneer, Alpine, Jensen. Most people
use a regular DIN size unit and buy an install kit. This gives you more
options as far as the head unit features and price. The kit is a face plate
trim bezel that you slip the DIN sized unit into and mount the bezel as the
factory radio would be mounted. These kits are fairly common and can even
be found at Wal-Mart for about $8. They also make wire harness adaptors
which means you don't have to cut your trucks wire harness to install your
stereo and minimizes the risk of hooking something up improperly. These
also are fairly cheap and are well worth the $5 or so you will spend on
them.