Stalling problems, ATTN Kyle!

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 21:50:00 EST

Kyle,
    I was borrowing my buddies 97 Dakota this week since he is out of town
and my Dakado is getting the frame boxed. Yesterday I fought with it doing
the same thing yours is doing. After getting some ideas from Bernd (Thanks
again Bernd!) on the phone, I put the truck up on stands and pulled the
inspection cover, like we mentioned yesterday. After deciding that wasn't
the problem, I started looking around the trans mounting housing. I found
two really loose mounting bolts around the crank sensor. I came up with a
theory that these bolts were allowing the trans to flex at that point and
moving the sensor to a point that it couldn't properly read the flexplate. I
tightened the bolts up and it isn't giving me any problems anymore. I put
about 60 miles on it today going around to a few different places getting
some stuff. Not even a hiccup! Just something else to look into before you
spend alot of money on something that could be very simple!

Will