Re: Clicking/Clacking noise coming from engine on cold starts

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 23:42:28 EST

Pennzoil...that could be the problem. I have heard that Pennzoil forms
sludge in your motor especially when you go past that 3000 mile mark and
have varying climate changes like hot weather during the day and colder
weather at night. Have you tried a motor flush? It sounds like the valve
train could be all sludged up and oil isn't flowing properly to it. Some
shops do it, it runs like maybe $100, I think they use something like
kerosene. They also have the do it yourself kits that you dump into your
oil and run it till the engine is all heated up then drain and do a refill.
I did it to one of my old vehicles and it actually worked. My dad then
proceeded to chew my but about using anything in a yellow bottle in my
vehicles, I heard about it for weeks!!!!!!!! OK....Just my
opinion......Good luck!
BTW....... Mobile1 doesn't produce sludge