Tech Advice?? (Non Dak, But I Need Help)

From: frank golembieski (editzero@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 01:38:08 EST

The process of building up a crank with weld is a old
one and you have to think that the heat treating on a
new crank is only going to be less than .003 deep
where building up the crank then then taking it off to
stock with a lathe will probally be harder than the
heat treated steel of a new crank . This is also how
they make performance cams from cores . I would go
with the $150 it should out last the car .

=====
Frank G
http://members.onecenter.com/autoworld/dakota/index.html
Mopar or no truck