RE: Fumoto Valve?

From: Alek Benedict (alek@earthling.net)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 10:55:07 EST

: OK, per the Fumoto website, the part number for all of our engines is
: F-106. The website also mentions that we need an adapter. I believe
: I have heard conflicting reports on wether the adapter is necessary.
: **IS** the adapter needed on our engines, specifically 5.9?

The easiest way to tell, at least IMO, is to measure the threads of
your drain plug. For example, the drain plug on my Dak is 14mm, 1.25mm
per thread, so I need the F-111. The threads on my RX-7 were 14mm,
1.5mm per thread so I needed the F-106.

Once you measure the threads, just go to the boat&marine section of
their online store and you can see which valve has which threads.

--
Alek Benedict with a techno beat.
alek@earthling.net

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport [2.5L/5spd]