Re: Re: Correct Coil

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 18:52:57 EST

> Kyle:
> Are you using the Accel Coil with an MSD Ignition box? I want to keep all
my
> ignition parts MSD (personal preference). How do you feel about the gains
(if
> any) of the Accel coil ?

Yes I have the Accel Super Coil(#140021), MSD 6-Offroad Ignition(#6470), MSD
8.5MM Super Conductor wires(#32189), MSD RFI Noise Filter(#8830), MSD
Universal Wiring Harness(#8873), Autolite Copper Plugs(3924s gapped at
.044), Borg Warner Select Brass Cap, Borg Warn Select Rotor......and plenty
of Permatex Dielectric grease on all terminals. I did really notice a nice
smooth idle and nice highway gas mileage gains. With this system, I change
the Autolite Copper plugs and the dist. cap/rotor every 7,500 miles, cause
the aftermarket ignition tends to really do a number on the plugs/dist.
cap/rotor. The plugs are only $6.50 for a set and another $12 for the
cap/rotor. Cheap insurance to a good running truck. I can typically change
the plugs out and install new onees along with a new cap/rotor in about 15
minutes. Having the GenII V6 really makes it easy to work on. Hope this
helps!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6