Re: Air-Fuel Ratio Monitors

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 21:26:55 EST

>Range is 0-1V
> fluctuating wildly when running and temp > 600 degrees F.
>
> Everyone should have one of these mounted somewhere visible. I recommend
this
> before a TB 8-))

Ok, I would really like to have one of these monitors mounted in the cab of
the truck. However, can someone explain to me how these A/F guages are
useful and/or accurate if our 02 Sensors are constantly fluctuating from
0-1V(thus the guage will also be fluctating all the time)? I guess I just
need some further help understanding how these A/F guages are useful if
there is not constant voltage coming from the 02 Sensor. I just keep looking
at this link and the guage jumping all over:
http://www.autometer.com/hp/techtips/air_fuel_hookup/air_fuel_hookup.html
and wonder how is this helpful??!! Also, who is using Autometer A/F guages?
Could you look at their online catalog and tell me the part number you are
using? Also, for those using Intellitronix A/F guages, which one are you
using?
www.autometer.com
http://www.intellitronix.com/airfuel.html
Thanks again!