ATF +3 VS 7176 transmission fluid

From: bwnicks@attglobal.net
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 19:03:54 EST

I'm getting ready to change my transmission fluid again, I change it every 30,000 miles as I
use my truck for towing quite abit. Anyway last time I changed it I put in 7176 fluid like the
manual called for, but when I went to buy my fluid today all anyone had for Chrysler products
was ATF +3. Is ATF +3 the same as 7176 and is it compatible with 7176? Hate to go to the
dealer and paid their prices for transmission fluid but if ATF +3 isn't the same as 7176 I
guess that I will.

Bob Nicks
95 Dakota CC V-8