Re: ATTN:Joe K: Avoid Paxton? (WAS: Changing a camshaft)

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 00:12:44 EST

All I can say is, KEEP KNOCKIN'. I changed the fluid in both of my blowers
at 2000 mile intervals ( paxton recomended 3000), and they both still failed
miserably. I have been in contact with paxton, and it is starting to sound
like they will try to deny the warranty. Also; paxton recomends that
SN-series blowers not be run over 7 Lbs. If you are really running 9 Lbs, and
something goes wrong, they will not honor the warranty ( that is, if you tell
them). Just to re-iterate, my truck ('93, 5.2L, 4X4, CR reduced to 8.25/1
{custom JE pistons}, balanced/blueprinted, Magnum 380 head castings w/ larger
Feria valves and Crower steel 1.6/1 ratio roller rockers, custom ground
blower cam, 4 spd. auto trans modified by Art Carr Automatics, etc.) has
never been to the track, used for towing, or even been off-road since this
blower was installed. Both of these failures occurred in spite of frequent
maintenance, and no abuse. Thanks to paxton , this excellent engine (built by
Ken Duclos in Westford Mass.) has spent most of it's operating life so far
operating without the forced induction it was built for. The real kicker in
this whole situation is the fact that I cannot afford to replace this flimsy
supercharger (or should I say paperweight?).
   Well, sorry to run off at the mouth like that. I hope you have better luck
than I've been having. Good Luck!
Joe Kenneally