RE: Re: Drag Racing tonight!

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 02:48:09 EST

DW, Sam,

Well, I was pretty disappointed.... I had problems getting traction all
night...it was pretty damn cold out there and the track was pretty slick; a
lot of people had traction problems...all three passes that I ran....got
pissed off and quit for the night....it was pretty damn cold out there and
the track was pretty slick; a lot of people had traction problems, not just
me...

I wonder if I should have filled the gas tank rather than leave it just
under a 1/4 of a tank.... plus, I don't have my Dana LSD installed
yet....plus I really need a shift kit; I had to let out of the throttle for
it to go into third....

In short, I just had a bad night....

1st run (smoked through most of first gear!)
60' 3.242
330 8.443
1/8 12.155 @ 67.68mph
1000 15.277
1/4 17.979 @ 83.33mph

2nd run (launched from idle, it still spun...had to get out of it so the
tranny would go into 3rd gear)
60' 2.359
330 6.629
1/8 10.14 @ 70.27mph
1000 13.208
1/4 15.83 @ 85.62mph

3rd run (Still spun them a good amount off the launch, again had to let off
for 3rd)
60' 2.337
330 6.662
1/8 10.19 @ 70.13mph
1000 13.249
1/4 15.953 @ 82.16mph

My all time best 1/4 mile run was 15.37 @ 86.82.... and that was when it was
stock and the only mods were the exhaust and a drop in K&N filter...

Geoffrey was out there, he gave me hell, too... his Dakota is pretty damn
sweet looking... too bad it's a V6...he he he... Just kidding!!!

Well, I'm going to bed... Going to dream about ways to get that truck to
run what it should....

Later,
Tom "Slick"