RE: motorcycle picks (off topic)

From: Chris Oertell (coertell@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 03:09:04 EST

Dester my bud,

A question right up my alley. The Ninja 500 is a very capable bike. If you
have never ridden a motorcycle before this bike is certainly the best kind
of machinery out there for you. If you do have more experience I would go
with a 600. I personally have an 89 EX500 Ninja. I love this bike and it
has worked nearly flawlessly for me. I think you will like the performance.
Stock the bike will run mid 12's to low 13's. It has a top speed of about
118. Modified it can go much faster. Considering a 600 will have a top
speed of around 145-150 this is a bit slower. But if you are learning you
don't need to go that fast, if ever. I have had my bike to 128mph before
and although it didn't scare me it is very fast. The one disadvantage I
have with the bike is that I am a big guy and my excess weight affects the
performance of the bike. So I would be better off getting a bigger bike but
only because I have been riding for nine years. My next bike is hopefully
going to be a Ducati if I can afford it! One other note is that insurance
will be a lot cheaper for the Ninja than with a full race-rep 600 supersport
bike. Also keep in mind that there are many mods you can do to the bike to
make it both handle and perform tons better. If this hasn't swayed you yet
keep in mind that the Ninja 500 is the most raced bike in Twin Cylinder
racing. Let me know if I can give you any more information.

Chris Oertell
Arcadia, CA
http://www.dodgetruckonline.com
coertell@earthlink.net
1998 Dodge Dakota Sport V6 Regular Cab Emerald Green
1989 Kawasaki EX500
AOL IM--coertell73
ICQ #--19870422