Re: 2000 Dodge Dakota Wrecked Pictures are here

From: Al & Jeanna Figols (ALJF@mhonline.net)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 08:39:26 EST

Did I read correctly earlier that this is the result of a 55 MPH crash?
If so, I find it hard to believe. I'm a regular buyer at the Copart
salvage auctions here in NY and I've seen Dakotas with lots more
damage. Dealing with wrecks for as long as I have I'd have to say that
that was more like a 30 MPH crash at point of impact. At 55 MPH the cab
would be totally bent due to the crumple zone in the frame just before
the bed and the damage would most likely require the jaws of life to get
the victom out. A straight on hit like the one in your pics at 55 MPH
would push the engine down and into the firewall as designed. I only
mention this because I'd hate to see DMLer's get the wrong idea of how a
vehicle(in this case the Dakota which actually has a poor 30 MPH crash
rating)fares in an accident. I'm sure I have some pics of mangled
Dakotas some where that I would love to show everyone(strickly as an
educational thing;)), but I don't know how to post pics on this web
site.
Al