Re: RE: Looking for a bedliner

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 12:06:37 EST

Ron's right. A drop-in liner scratches the bed up to no end. They also
tend to be slippery. Spray-ons are very, very durable and things don't
slide around at all. Even better, you can have a spray-on over the rail
and still install most soft tonneau covers.

If you punch a hole in the spray-on, many companies warranty against
that, or can fix the spot pretty cheaply. Punch a hole in a drop-in and
you're replacing the whole thing. A spray-on will give you at least as
much protection as a drop-in, IMO.

I have a drop-in (didn't know any better when I got the truck, and had
them throw it in at minimal cost), and wish I had a spray-in. They had
to cut my drop-in to get access to the tiedowns, and the holes don't
line up quite right. With a spray-in, they take precautions to ensure
that the holes don't get plugged.

If you're still dead-set on a drop-in, do you live in the northeast? I
could be persuaded to sell my Mopar drop-in. Shipping won't happen
though (waaaaay too expensive & a hassle).