Re: Really Po-boy air intake (idea)

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 11:07:01 EST

SEMIHEMI wrote:
>Will,
> The scariest part is most of the stuff our Govt. buys is from the lowest
>bidder. Airplanes, tanks, weapons and our space craft. Bill

The lowest bid that ALSO passes tests that are set up.

I know where you are going with this, but still, a Hummer is a far cry from a Hundyai, and a Glock (Austrian military contract, many others) is a far cry from a Raven or Grendel or whatever.

I think the standard military procurement testing/pricing process is intended to get the most bang for the buck and usually works ok.

There are exceptions indeed.

I worry about the Osprey (but its soooo cooool!).

Rgds,
Marty