Shaker Installation in my 93 going in fine!

From: K. Spence (kspence@intermind.net)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 11:14:32 EST

I told you guys a few weeks ago about my shaker in my 93 Dakota, and
it's very close to being finished. The hood and shaker are all trimmed,
cut and ready...the last part is fabricating the air cleaner housing and
I'll be done with that this week. It would have been a breeze to attach
this guy to the hood, and then sealed to the a ram air box built around
the throttle body, but that is ram air...not a shaker. I was determined
from the outset to make this a real shaker...meaning that it is mounted
on the motor and the hood closes in around it. Maybe I'm a snob about
it, but I just didn't want to do all this just to make another glorified
hood scoop...I wanted a shaker. If you guys have seen the shaker set up
for the Gen III Dakotas, then you know what I mean...it all bolts on the
motor.

The shaker I have is from a remanufacturer house...the rest is all me.
I have it on their word that they might make a full shaker set up for
the Gen II Dakota - hood and all - if I provided them with my
measurements, so that would be pretty cool.

I've taken 2 rolls of pictures, so when the fabrication is finished,
I'll post it all on the net. Give me a week or two...STAY TUNED

See ya,
Kevin

93 318 CC 2WD