Re: Homade grill insert question

From: Puddlestompa@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 14:52:31 EST

That would be great, I email Custom Perforations about this and this is the
answer I got: Basically what you siad about cost.
Greetings

Your image did not come through but I think I can make a guess based on the
tail-lights on some of the Durangos I see.
There are two ways to make such a pattern. One is high volume custom
tooling which will run about $30,000. The second is to make a custom tool
for the CNC turret. This tooling will vary between $1000.00 and $4000.00
depending on how much perforated material you would want on an annual basis.
If you just want a few square feet you need to find a job shop with a laser
that can make these with no tooling cost. I will be expensive, but not as
much as the tooling.
Let me know what you think. It would also be nice if you had included your
name and company information in future correspondance.

Mike Zarnott
Director of Sales and Marketing
Accurate Perforating Co., Inc.
3636 South Kedzie
Chicago, IL 60632
800 621 0273 ext 323
FAX 773 254 9453

Aaron "The Man"
Dodge 3:16 "And on the eight day God made the Dakota."