Re: Re: RE: Question for Bernd

From: Alex Harris (jetcity@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 20:54:52 EST

Hanneke Harware up on the Hill (Southwest and Macklind) is a great place for
fasteners. They have a good selection of button head bolts and may have
stainless as well. They also win the award for oldest -- and often crabbiest
-- hardware clerks in St. Louis.

New Market Hardware on Sarah and Laclede is another good place to check. Now
THAT'S a weird place... go visit it before it fades into the past and is
never seen again. Especially make note of the boxing shrine. I've never
gotten button head bolts there so I can't vouch for 'em, but they have a lot
of fasteners! You're not allowed to browse, either. :-(

If all else fails, Inventory Sales Company on Park a couple blocks west of
Jefferson has absolutely every kind of fastener imaginable. They supply
stuff in truckloads to contractors and the like, but the guys in there don't
seem to mind when I come in there looking for four of something, even when
I'm not sure what it is! :-)

Good luck... I may miss you when you come up, I'm leaving for Seattle that
week!

- Alex