Re: RE: *NOT* the way to start a day!

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 11:15:01 EST

Count you blessings - your air bags didn't go off!

> Well, I was sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic this
> morning in the rain
> behind a guy in something like an '86 Chevy Full
> Size. We were easing
> forward at about 5 MPH and I just happened to look
> to my left
> momentarily and when I looked back, he was stopped.
> I stabbed the brakes
> and just barely hit him in the bumper. It was a nice
> loud smack that
> shook the whole truck, as well as his. I put on my
> flashers and motioned
> the guy to the shoulder, but he just kept going
> (good for me). He didn't
> have any damage at all on his truck as our bumpers
> hit square. I drove
> another mile to work and jumped out to see what had
> happened, and
> although I am pissed, it could have been much worse.
> It looks like my
> bumper hit his bumper dead-on. I have two nice dents
> in the bumper and
> it's slightly tweaked. The fascia is fine, the
> grille is fine, and there
> is no other damage, so luckily I will need just
> another bumper.
> On the bright side, this will be a good time to have
> a nice shiny bumper
> before the National Meet, hehe.
> Anyway, does anyone have, or know of a cheap
> non-chrome 97+ bumper ? If
> not, does anyone know what they go for ?
>
> Jack 3

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia