One less mod on the kitchen table!

From: Robert D. Smith (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 22:13:25 EST

Hey, DML!
Yaaaaaafreakinhooooooo! Ma Nature finally gave me a break today & I decided it was a good time for gettin under the DAKSY hood. Grabbed the Quick D TB & Tony's instruction sheet & hotfooted up to the
garage. Got the tools out & a fender protector & climbed in. Everythin went really smooth until I fired her up - or tried to. Smoked & sputtered & baffled me until I looked around... DOH! Jerkface! YA
never reconnected the sensors! Ok. Did that, & she fired right up! Great...... Wait...... "check engine" light's on....ok ....think.....think....think DML! Reset the computer, ya nob! Disconnect the neg &
turn the key to "on" for 15 sec....hell....count to 30, just for giggles.....fired er up NO LIGHT! YAY!
Ok, it's 7:20, where can I go to put 40 -50 miles on her? Headed up I-87 to Saratoga & made the loop to the southbound ramp to come back down. She's pullin pretty strong in 3rd, shift to 4th (still pullin
good)& enter into the first lane...shift to 5th &......blocked in front by a "blue-hair!" Got some ignatz in a Ranger sittin along side so's I can't get past the "b-h"....slowed a bit - still in 5th - goin
about 60 - to let ignatz by. Pull out to the 2nd lane behind ignatz & he starts to get into it. Put my foot into the Quick D - with out downshifting & 80 in NO TIME! Mr. Ignatz in his Ranger gives it a go &
(PLBBTH! --- Bronx cheer!) he can't catch the DAKSY! Or maybe he just turkeyed out.... Nyah-nyah! Read my Plate! SEEEEEE YAAAAA!
Wow! What a Difference! Course, I realize I'm about 20 steps behind the rest of you guys, cuz no sooner did I order the Quick D & you guys got Bruce's billet! (GRRRRR!) Oh, well....I'll get caught up
someday....still got the MSD wires, NAPA Echlin brass cap & rotor & the 3923s on the table...

HAPPY SPRING DML!