RE: How hot is too hot?

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 22:09:12 EST

Aluminum is different than cast iron. I assume you're talking about the 4.7
heads. For us cast iron heads heat expands but the expansion happens to
both the head and the plug. As the heads and plugs cool down they contract.
The plugs cool down faster because they're smaller and they have the ceramic
parts. SO if you let everything cool down a couple hours the plugs (in
theory) are smaller than the holes in your head [ ;-P ], therefore, easier
to take out.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD