RE: Fuel Injectors Install Instructions Wanted...Bernd, or anyone

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 12:57:03 EST

Tom,
It isn't to hard to accomplish. First thing is to remove you fuel relay,
and try to start you Dak. This will releave the fuel pressure in the
system. You need to remove the TB linkage from the R side of the TB, or
just remove the TB and linkage as an assembly. Unplug the harness
connectors. Once this is done, you can unbolt and pull the fuel rails and
injectors as an assembly. Pull the clips holding the injectors.

(I don't believe you have clearance to remove the fuel rails without
removing the linkage. Well, if you unclip the injectors first, remove the
rails, then the injectors, you might have enough clearance.)

Remove and install the replacement injectors of your choice. When
installing, apply a thin film of either clean oil, or transmission fluid to
the o-rings before assembly. Reverse the process for assembly. If I
remember correctly, the rails get tightened back down to 20lbs./ft.

You may want to disconnect the battery also beforehand. I believe that
pretty well covers it. If I missed anything, I'm sure someone will kick me
in the head. :'B
Good-luck,
Rich - Ashburn, VA