Re: FMS Fuel Injector install questions....Hey Bernd

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 15:48:47 EST

This is from a '95, '97, '98, and '99 procedure that I did.

Let the truck sit overnight for this. Disconnect the NEG terminal on the
battery. When you get ready, remove the cap from the shrader valve on the fuel
rail and push the needle down to release any leftover pressure in the fuel
system. (Put a rag underneath the valve to mop up any fuel...watch your eyes
though.)

Remove the connectors from the injectors and the small metal retaining clips on
the injectors. Don't drop them...you can use either some small needle nose
pliers or a screwdriver. Once this is done, you can remove the four fuel rail
bolts and lift them up. Remove the old injectors and check in each injector
hole for the o-ring. (They sometimes don't come easy and want to stay in
there.) Keep your rag(s) around for this...it gets a bit messy with fuel.
Clean out the injector bosses on the manifold with some Carb or TB cleaner.
Coat the new injector o-rings with a VERY light coating of ATF (any brand
works). Slip the new injectors in the rails, reinstall the clips, and press
the rail (with the injectors) back into the injector bosses. Reinstall the
connectors, reconnect the battery, leave the key ON for about 20 seconds to
allow the fuel pump to pressurize the system. Start the engine, let it idle,
check for leaks. If you see ANY leaks, turn the engine off and fix the leaks.

Once all is done, you should be ready to cruise around. :)

- Bernd

> Getting ready to install the 19# FMS Injectors in
> my 93 Dakota V8 and am looking for step by step
> instructions on doing this. I know Bernd has done
> them in the past, how about one more time.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tom
>

> =====
> 93 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto, MP Camshaft, MP Computer, MP Valve Covers, Doug
Thorley
Headers W/ 3 " Exhaust, Jacobs Ultra Ignition, K & N Air Filter, and Boyds.
Coming soon
.. FMS Injectors, 3.91 Gears and Trans Shift Kit.