RE: More questions for Bernd and Ron (was Re: Exhaust backpressure (TECH!))

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 23:27:35 EST

If you're not going to tow, you should have your PCM upgraded to high
performance. This will cost ~$500. The problem with this type of upgrade
is you have no other PCM to fall back on. They don't make a HP PCM for
4X4's that you can buy off the shelf. you're making ~190 rwhp right now.
15% of that is 28½ so you're looking for 219 rwhp. I don't think you can do
it without the PCM.

Intake $240
TB $400
PCM $500
Cat Back $300
MSD Ignition $130 but if you need offroad, then $212
MSD Wires $70
MSD Coil $35

This should net you at least 219 rwhp but it'll put you over $1500. This
assumes you install everything yourself also.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD