RE: Brakes?

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 22:24:35 EST

if the pedal comes up when pumping it, then yes, you need to bleed them.
Has it always been like that?? If not, and you haven't opened any brake
lines I would start looking for brake fluid leaks at all the junctions and
connections, also around the master cylinder in particular where it meets
the booster. Is it using any fluid?\

The parking brake cable could be due to mis-adjusted rear brakes, but you
can also tighten the cable itself. you can check the rear brakes by jacking
up the rear and turning the wheels, and listen for the brake shoes dragging
slightly...

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
     344hp/424tq
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-Well, I changed out to new powerslot's this weekend. VERY nice rotors IMHO.
-I still have my same problem as I did before, the low brake pedal. My
-parking brake goes down low too. I only have 15,000 miles. Now, could the
-rear brakes be out of adjustment? If I pump the pedal, it'll come back up.
-Should I bleed the brakes? If so, any advice. Could the fluid be
-contaminated?
-
-Thanks
-william