Re: Hood not flush - Update

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 17:20:36 EST

    I just checked the FSM about adjusting your hood, but it sounds like you
covered everything, but I wonder what sequence you did it in. The FSM
mentions that you should:

- Loosen the hinge arm-to-hood panel bolts at each side of the vehicle.

- Loosen the hood latch screws.

- Close the hood. Adjust the fore/aft position.

- Raise the hood. Tighten the hinge arm-to-hood panel bolts.

- Tighten the latch screws.

- Lower the hood. Inspect clearance between hood and cowl cover.

    Try it again in this sequence and see if that makes any difference. I
find it hard to believe that the arms bent from frame flexing. Also I would
think if the hood was bent it would be obvious. Hope this helps.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport