Re: Nothing Is Easy!

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 23:31:08 EST

Kyle Kozubal wrote:

> > Wait a minute! Kyle, what happened to your MSD? Did I miss a post or
> two?
> > Did you resolve your stall condition?
>
> Well the garage completely gutted out the MSD Ignition and cut off the MSD
> 8873 Universal Wiring Harness, put a new cap/rotor on and wired up the coil
> connector the way it was in stock form. The truck now enters closed loop,
> where before it was constantly in open loop mode. I picked the truck up
> Monday night and drove it all week, to and from work, after work and really
> all over. The has ran awesome, not missing, stumbling, nor stalling at all.
> Not once!

I wish I had a nickle for every time I have heard this same story (from mostly
MSD users but also Jacobs users). I personally don't know why people even mess
w/the stock ignition - afterall, it is already a capacitive discharge type setup
(has been since the early 70s) and solid as a rock. Maybe its because of the
multiple spark (only good for lower rpms?) or the increased spark current (which
eats up all the rest of the system). I use the Accel coil w/the stock system
(plug and play) for a slightly hotter? spark and extreme reliability (113k miles
on stock setup and at least 80k on Accel coil). I wonder if Accel makes the
stock coil for Mopar cause it looks and acts identical (except color).

Just my $0.02.

Latr,

Shane

ps - glad to hear that the truck is back!

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"