Re: Re: Nothing Is Easy!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 23:40:34 EST

> I wish I had a nickle for every time I have heard this same story (from
mostly
> MSD users but also Jacobs users). I personally don't know why people even
mess
> w/the stock ignition - afterall, it is already a capacitive discharge type
setup
> (has been since the early 70s) and solid as a rock. Maybe its because of
the
> multiple spark (only good for lower rpms?) or the increased spark current
(which
> eats up all the rest of the system). I use the Accel coil w/the stock
system
> (plug and play) for a slightly hotter? spark and extreme reliability (113k
miles
> on stock setup and at least 80k on Accel coil). I wonder if Accel makes
the
> stock coil for Mopar cause it looks and acts identical (except color).

Well thanks for the late chime in here Shane! haha
For reliability purposes, you are right, the stock system is the way to go.
My MSD died on me one time while at a stoplight, and fired right back up.
Then it really died on me and I couldnt even start my truck. And just
recently is blew up again. I would suggest, like you have been, not to spend
any money on an ignition box. I just learned the hard way I guess. Seriously
though, after running my truck without the MSD Ignition for an entire week
now, my truck hasnt ran this great in a long darn time. The acceleration is
great and smooth. No more MSD for this guy. You are right, the Accel Super
Coil looks indentical, especially since it mounts the same exact location,
as the stock coil. Of course, other than the bright yellow color. My stock
coil did die on my thought, luckily it was in the driveway. Thanks for all
the info you have provided Shane,.....the A/F Ratio gauge is in the mail
coming from Summit.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6